Ball, Edward (c.1579–1625), mayor of Dublin and merchant, was second son of Walter Ball (d. 8 December 1598), mayor of Dublin, and Eleanor (d. 5 December 1613), daughter of Robert Ussher senior of Santry, Co. Dublin. A member of a prominent merchant family in Dublin, he had a shop at Bridge St. and another along the quays, possibly at Merchant's Quay. He was warden of the Merchants’ Guild in 1611–12, and master in 1623–4.
Alongside his business interests, Ball was deeply involved in the civic government of Dublin. Admitted a freeman of the city (1601), he served as sheriff (1610–11), and became an alderman (1616). He served as mayor (1621–2) and as treasurer (1623–4). As well as his shops, he owned houses at Cook St., Merchant's Quay, Cuckold's Post, and Newgate, and also had various tithes, rents, and customs from lands in Co. Meath, which provided him with an income of £130 a year. He married Alice, daughter of Alderman Nicholas Weston; they had a daughter, Ann (b. 1609). Edward Ball, who appears to have been a protestant, made his will on 29 November 1625, and died 1 December 1625. He was buried in St Audoen's church, Dublin.