Bulkeley, Lancelot (1568/9–1650), Church of Ireland archbishop of Dublin, was the youngest son of Sir Richard Bulkeley of Beaumaris, Anglesey, and his second wife, Agnes, daughter of Thomas Needham of Shropshire. He entered Brasenose College, Oxford, in 1587, graduated BA, and took an MA at St Edmund's Hall, Oxford, in 1593. On 13 November 1593 he was ordained deacon, and on 25 March 1594 a priest of the diocese of Bangor; he was instituted to the livings of Llanddyfnan (1593) and Llandegfan (Beaumaris (1594)). He married Alice, daughter of Rowland Bulkeley of Conway, and had at least one son, William, later archdeacon of Dublin, and two daughters, Grissel and Mary. He was appointed archdeacon of Dublin 5 May 1613 and archbishop of Dublin 18 August 1619, being consecrated at Drogheda 3 October 1619. He held the prebends of Castleknock (from 1620) and Kilmactalway (from 1630) and the treasurership of Cashel (from 1634) in commendam. He seems to have been a member of the Irish council by July 1619.
As archbishop Bulkeley challenged successive archbishops of Armagh with regard to the Irish church primacy, perhaps in association with the removal of ecclesiastical prerogative jurisdiction from Dublin to Armagh in 1622. The case was resolved only with the June 1634 ruling in favour of Armagh. On 26 December 1629 Bulkeley was involved in an attempt to suppress a Franciscan chapel in Dublin, prompting a riot and further government action against catholic religious houses. He was named to the Irish court of high commission in February 1636. Bulkeley remained in Dublin after the outbreak of insurrection in 1641, acting as a privy councillor, and signed the articles of the 1646 Ormond peace. Under the commonwealth he was involved in a religious service in St Patrick's, Dublin, on 1 November 1649, where the proscribed prayer book was used, and appears to have suffered confinement as a result.
Archbishop Bulkeley resided principally at the archiepiscopal castle at Tallaght, Co. Dublin, and died there, aged eighty-one, on 8 September 1650. He was buried in St Patrick's cathedral, Dublin. A record of his 1630 visitation of the archdiocese of Dublin survives in Trinity College, Dublin, and has been published.