Reilly, Alice (1702/3–1778), printer and publisher, born Alice Abbot , was the widow (m. 10 October 1733) of Richard Reilly; she took over his business on his death in July 1741. Paying quarterage fees to the printers guild (the Guild of St Luke the Evangelist), she was unable to assume full membership, not being a freeman of the city, a privilege reserved for men. Reilly was a tenant (1741–62) of the Guild in Stationers Hall, Skinner Row, demolished in June 1762 at the behest of the wide streets commissioners; she later operated from Temple Bar (1763–7). She built up a significant business, housing it in guild premises and taking on apprentices recognised by the guild, one being her nephew John Abbott Husband; a trade petition of 1776 listed Reilly as employing six apprentices and seven journeymen.
She continued publication of the Dublin News-Letter, which had changed its title from The Oracle under her husband; Edward Exshaw (qv) joined her in this venture (1741–4). The Dublin Society appointed Reilly and Exshaw (24 March 1743) as their official printers, on terms that had been agreed with Reilly's husband. The News-Letter, effectively the organ of the Society, carried their transactions and notices; this was a lucrative monopoly which allowed Reilly a regular income on guaranteed sales of 500 issues twice weekly, which the society took for their own distribution. Her other work included a range of books, produced for Exshaw among others, along with book catalogues in 1775 and 1760, and presumably also at other times. In April 1744 Reilly began publication of The Dublin Courant which she sold (September 1745) to Oliver Nelson (qv). In 1766 Reilly, among other Dublin printers and stationers, protested in writing about unlicensed individuals participating in their trade, but to little avail. She died 19 April 1778 in Dublin, aged 76, having retired c.1767.