Barlow, Randolph (Randal) (1572?–1638), Church of Ireland archbishop of Tuam, was probably the Randal Barlow baptised 31 January 1572 at Malpas, Cheshire, the son of John Barlow, rector of Malpas. Educated at Macclesfield grammar school, he matriculated at Jesus College, Cambridge, in 1586 and graduated BA from Pembroke Hall in 1591. He became a fellow there in 1593 and graduated MA in 1594, BD in 1604, and DD in 1623. He was recorded as a fellow at Pembroke Hall in 1605, though he is sometimes described as rector of King's Repton, Huntingdonshire in 1601–14. Lord Deputy Mountjoy (qv) mentioned one of his chaplains in 1601 as named Barlow. More certainly, by 1610 Randolph Barlow had served as chaplain to Mountjoy's successor, Sir Arthur Chichester (qv), for the previous two years and Chichester recommended him, without success, to succeed as bishop of Ossory. Possibly rector of Athenry by 1611, in 1612 he secured the prebend of Geashill, diocese of Kildare (which he held until 1617) and become precentor in Kilkenny cathedral, perhaps in 1613. He married Elizabeth Wheeler, daughter of Jonas Wheeler, bishop of Ossory (1613–40); she died in childbirth 3 December 1613.
Chichester sought to secure the position of archdeacon of Meath for one of his chaplains, and Barlow was duly appointed on 28 December 1613; on 10 May 1614 he also succeeded as dean of Leighlin. He may still have been Chichester's chaplain when elected prolocutor of the lower house of the Irish convocation which met alongside the parliament of 1613–15. He was appointed dean of Christ Church, Dublin, on 25 February 1618, in succession to his father-in-law, and appears to have surrendered some of his other offices by this time. On 2 April 1629 he received a patent as archbishop of Tuam, apparently with the support of Lord Deputy Falkland (qv) and of Archbishop James Ussher (qv). He held not only the rectory of Athenry in commendam but also his deanery and archdeaconry, by special permission from the king, on account of the poverty of his see. In 1633 he was succeeded as archdeacon of Meath by John Bramhall (qv). By 1634 he had been persuaded to surrender the deanery, perhaps in exchange for further rectories in his diocese. On 11 February 1635 he was named to the new court of high commission. He died at Tuam 22 February 1638 and was buried in the cathedral there; he left no surviving children.