Bradlaw, Robert (c.1839–1904), Jewish community leader, was born in Kovno, Russia. By profession an oculist, he lived in England before settling in Dublin, where he became a leading lay representative of the Jewish immigrants. Responsive to their particular needs, he seceded from the ‘English’ Mary's Abbey synagogue, founded the first hebroth or conventicle, St Kevin's Parade synagogue (1883), and became its president. At the consecration ceremony of the Adelaide Road synagogue (1892), he was a member of the procession and was honoured by carrying a scroll of law. A founder of the Jewish cemetery at Dolphin's Barn, Dublin, he with others purchased the land in 1898 from money raised by private subscriptions; he was president of Dolphin's Barn Jewish Burial Society for several years. He died 27 February 1904 at his home, 4 Harrington St., Dublin. He married Russian-born Hannah (surname unknown); they had at least one son and two daughters. His daughter Jessie, physician and surgeon, married Dr George Selig Wigoder (1865–1934), a prominent community worker in Dublin and author of scholarly talmudic treatises.
Census 1901, Dublin 72/34; GRO (death cert.); Bernard Shillman, A short history of the Jews in Ireland (1945); Louis Hyman, The Jews of Ireland from earliest times to the year 1910 (1972)