Plunket, John, of Beaulieu
By 1316 Plunket was married to Alice, the daughter and heir of John of Trim, who was then still under age. This John was probably the son of Henry of Trim, who had been mayor of Drogheda in 1272, had lent money to the Dublin administration in the 1270s and 1280s, and was involved in the wine trade with Gascony in the early 1290s. It was John of Trim who, about 1300, acquired the manor of Beaulieu, Co. Louth, close to Drogheda, from Theobald de Verdon (qv) (d. 1309); after his death the manor came to John Plunket and Alice. They seem to have decided to make Beaulieu their main residence, and before 1316 had embarked on the difficult business of seeking the proper ecclesiastical approval for creating a separate parish of Beaulieu, carved out of the existing parish of Termonfeckin; it was to have its own parish church and churchyard, and the rights of presentation to the new church were to be vested in them and their heirs. They succeeded in obtaining the necessary ecclesiastical approval by autumn 1316. The building had been completed by 1327. John was still alive in 1340 but only his widow was still living by 1359.