1. General Information
Thank you for your interest in the DIB website. Our highest priority is protecting visitor data and using it only in the way our visitors expect from us. Thus, the following policy is designed to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights regarding this processing according to the General Data Protection Regulation ('GDPR') and other data protection laws.
We, the Royal Irish Academy, are the controller according to the GDPR and therefore responsible for the data processing explained herein.
c) Data Protection Officer
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time by using the following contact details: The Royal Irish Academy, Academy House, 19 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, D02 HH58, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Processing of Personal Data during Your Use of Our Website
Your visit to our website and/or use of our online services will be logged. The IP address currently used by your device, date and time, the browser type and operating system of your device, and the pages accessed may be recorded. This data is collected for the purposes of optimising and improving our website as well as our online services. The processing is legally based on legitimate interest as it is in our legitimate interest to protect our website and to improve the quality of our services.
a) Contact form
You can use the contact form on our website to contact us for any request. The personal data that you filled out into the contact form will only be processed for answering your request. Filling in and submitting the contact form constitutes an affirmative action by which you have given your consent to the data processing.
We use a selection of our own and third-party cookies on the pages of this website, these are:
- essential cookies, which are required in order to use the website;
- functional cookies, which provide better ease of use when using the website;
- performance cookies, which we use to generate aggregated data on website use and statistics.
If you choose 'ACCEPT ALL', you consent to the use of all cookies. You can accept and reject individual cookie types and revoke your consent at any time under 'Cookie settings'.
c) Data recipients
We may use third-party service providers to process your personal data. These service providers may be located in countries within and outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). We ensure that these service providers process personal data in accordance with European data protection legislation to guarantee an adequate data protection level, even if personal data are transferred into a country outside the EEA for which no adequacy decision of the EU Commission exists. Transfers of personal data to other recipients is not performed, except where we are obliged to do so by law. For more information about appropriate safeguards for the international data transfer or a copy of them, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
d) Retention Period
Personal data provided to us via our website will only be stored until the purpose for which they were processed has been fulfilled. Insofar as retention periods under commercial and tax law must be observed, the storage period for certain data can be up to one year. However, storage periods may also be amended due to our legitimate interest (e.g. to guarantee data security, to prevent misuse or to prosecute criminal offenders).
3. Your Rights
As a data subject, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time with a notification under the contact information mentioned above under section 1 to make use of your rights. These rights are the following:
- The right to receive information about the data processing and a copy of the processed data;
- The right to demand the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of incomplete data;
- The right to demand the erasure of personal data;
- The right to demand the restriction of the data processing;
- The right to receive the personal data concerning the data subject in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmittance of these data to another controller;
- The right to object to the data processing;
- The right to withdraw a given consent at any time to stop a data processing that is based on your consent;
- The right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority: Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland.